Skip to main content

Another Anna story


I know, it seems like every thing I write is about Miss Anna. But as I was pondering that, I realized that it isn't as fun to write about the things 10 year olds and 7 year olds do as it is 4 year olds. So, I am telling you a few more things about Miss Anna.

I may have mentioned it a few times, but not lately I'm pretty sure, Miss Anna has been a booger to potty train. We have been at this for 1 year and 4 months. We have done everything we knew to do. We took advice from loved ones, strangers, books, and our own imaginations and nothing worked. Well, 2 weeks ago, something "clicked" in her little head and she has had 1 accident in 2 weeks! HALLELUJAH!!!! I tried not to act too excited but I can hardly keep from screaming at the top of my lungs. Ya'll this has been a L-O-N-G battle, and I thought for sure I had lost. But (as we Davis girls know) we never back down from a fight. Unfortunately, Miss Anna is also a Davis girl, so we were both in it for the long haul. I'm so proud of her, and she is equally as proud(or at least I let her think it is equal-it isn't-I'm WAY prouder than she is!!!)

This weekend Anna and I went to a homeschool convention. I took Samuel with me to Searcy and a friend of his from the town we used to live in picked him up for the 24 hours we were going to be in the area. He had such a great time!!!
Anyway, Friday night Anna and I went to see a church member(from our old church) graduate from high school. Anna has not seen any of the people from that church since Oct 2006, she was 2 1/2, therefore she doesn't remember much. But Oh, do they remember her. There was one special man in her life while we were at that church. He kept her in the nursery, she sat with him in church, he babysat her, and well, just loved her to pieces. She loved him just as much, but with age has forgotten him just a little. Well, they met up Friday night and I almost cried. In fact, if I tell the truth, I did cry when we left. It was the sweetest thing to see the 2 of them together. She keeps talking about her "friend, Mike". We mustn't ever go that long without seeing each other again! Deb, do you hear me?
Ok, so we are at the convention and I have to shop for books at the used book sale and I also have to work the book sale, so from 11:30-3:30 Anna has to sit on the bleachers and entertain herself. I was a little nervous, but can I tell you that she was EXCELLENT!!! I was so impressed with her. She was a trooper, I keep telling her how good she acted. I didn't even have to bribe her with anything, she was just GOOD on her own. Oh, how I love this girl.

So, tonight Stephen comes home from a mission trip to Kansas where 92 people were saved. 92!!! Wow, our God is good!!! So, after church the 6 of us go to our local mexican restaurant, because we love it so much-the fajita nachos are the best! Anna and I share an order and after we get through the biggest portion of them she says" I need to throw up". I said, "how would you know what that feels like? You haven't thrown up in a long time". And I continue to ignore her until Stephen says"go ahead and take her to the bathroom". We get to the bathroom and it is locked. When the door opens, and the girl walks out (she works there-thank heavens!)-Anna throws up! I mean-throws up! It was ugly!!! I had to give her a sink bath right there in the bathroom at Los Toritos. I had to take Daniel's shirt off of him so that Anna could have something to wear out of the bathroom through the restaurant. He was so embarrassed! Anna thanked him for sharing, it was a sweet thing to say! One of the boys asked Anna if she puked, and she said" no, I threw up". The differences in boys and girls-how fun.

Well, I have taken up enough of your time with Anna stories, hope you have enjoyed them!!
Good night!!

Julie

Comments

Sisters said…
Oh, how I love the Sissy! I am so glad it is all "clicking" in her hard, sweet little head.
92?! Wow!
AJL
Anonymous said…
i love it that she is a davis girl.....
mama
Unknown said…
I hate that I have never had the chance to meet Anna...can you believe that??? She is too precious, and I love reading about your family. I have so many fond memories of you guys in Leachville. YOUR house was the first stop I made in town when I would arrive home for a weekend from college...those memories are so vivid. We have to get together sometime!
Hello! Thanks for stopping by :) It DOES make me feel better that someone is in the same boat! This too shall pass, right?!?

Blessings to you!
Matt and Jolee said…
Ha! I couldn't help but laugh at your "throw up" story. I can definitely relate. We've gone through that a few times with our oldest one who vomits a lot. Once we made it outside so he vomited on the nice "greenery" instead of in the restaurant. Once, in the parking lot. Well, make that twice now that I'm thinking about it. But, once we didn't make it outside. Matt was trying to carry him outside and he left a trail all the way down the aisles to the doors outside. Poor people that were trying to eat!!! I felt so sorry for Landen and yet, so embarrassed too.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will