Skip to main content

We are Bound for God's Country!

This pic was taken the day we moved into our home in 2004

We are moving to Jonesboro!
Rand accepted a new job today in God's Country!

We are bittersweet about the transition, yet so excited about what God has planned for us as we prepare to start over in a new place. There are many things that will be hard to leave, but leaving my job is going to be the hardest part of the move. I love it but I am not the bread winner. I know God will give me a job that will allow me to use my talents and abilities. I just hope it is sooner than later. I will work here until they replace me or I find a new job, whichever comes first.

We are waiting on the relocation package to come in the mail and then we will move forward. We are so very excited about not having to pack a thing or lift a finger in the move. We are also thrilled that they buy our house if we can't sell it in 90 days and they pay the closing costs on our new one. Rand even heard they will put us in an apt if we have to turn the house over before we find a new one.

God has truly taken care of my sweet Rand and provided not only what he needed but the job he has wanted for two years. He will be going from cotton to soybeans. I think he is excited to have a fresh start after being in such an insane working environment the past few years. I think back on how God provided this very job for Randall and it makes me grin real big. I would tell you the full story but you don't really care, you may already know it or you wouldn't understand it all and I really don't want to type it all out!

Anyway, more to come as this bittersweet journey is just beginning!

Go A-State Indians....oops, I mean Red Wolves!

Abby

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so funny! Love you and I'm so glad to get y'all back in Arkansas. I just spent the whole day in Jonesboro. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Diana
Mandy said…
Congrats Abby! Welcome back across the stateline! :)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I am very excited for you two.
Anonymous said…
Seriously Abby, if you EVER say that last line again I will have to never speak to you again. ASWho? I can't believe you have strayed so far from your roots. I don't even know who you are anymore... no self respecting Hog Fan can root for the biggest high school in the state.
Anonymous said…
Go Hogs!!!

Welcome Home!! Maybe your mama and I can come visit when you get settled once again!

Tell The Rand Man that I am so proud of him!

YFA
AJ
Unknown said…
first, let me start by saying, welcome back to "God's Country", as you put it. it really IS God's Country!!! ha ha!! so excited for you all. know that you will be in my prayers and i totally can't wait to come visit you!!!
love you tons!!
lindsey
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you are getting out of Memphrica. I know you will be happy and I ditto the "Go Wolves".
No reason to be a Hawg any more with Coach Broyles and Houston Dale finally freed from bondage.
Go Wolves, Go!

Y.D.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will