Skip to main content

Our Fireman Turns 3


 Henry Patton celebrated his 3rd birthday this past weekend with a fireman birthday party.


We had the party in our fellowship hall at church. We used our church last year for his party, but a different hall since we had a bounce house then. Our fellowship hall worked really well this year for the party we had planned.


 We used the church so the fire truck would come. We told them it was a preschool event at the church (our church office knew of my dirty deeds and went along with me...just so all is clear! )
 In our city the fire trucks do not come to parties and you cannot have a party at the firehouse. Sad times, but this worked great since the firehouse closest to the church was #3!


I had it all decorated in fire theme, of course. It was so much fun to plan and put together. I think Henry's love for all things fire truck made it easy. I just shopped in his toy box for the decor!


My little 3 year old cutie cracks me up. He is a mess and is never, ever still. This photo captures him perfectly, I think!


I paid to have his cake made this year. Gasp for air, I know! It was so much less stressful this way and it was way cuter than I could have ever made...and it tasted wonderful. I found the cake online and gave the photo to a girl in town who does cakes. It was perfect! I will use her again, for sure.


We had a firefighter munchies table. It was one of my fave things at the party...besides my baby boy! I had Amy make cookies, once again, and we had enough to share at church and at school. 


 The kiddos loved all the candy and such. The adults did too, I might add! I gave them little bags to fill up and take home. I really liked my clear jars in the corner of this photo. They are normally used in my bathroom and I noticed the other morning how they resembled fire hydrants and snatched them up and used them for his party!


Henry had a big time with his friends, his cake, his balloons, his fire hat, his presents and the real fire truck.


Nana and Papa of course gave him the biggest fire truck ever at his party and it even squirts water.....but we are not letting that be known! He received lots of fun toys and games from his friends and family. He is so blessed and loved by many.


Henry did so well blowing out his 3 candle. He was so excited to do it! I don't remember how he got this big so quick, but he did...and he is precious to his mama and daddy.


I envisioned this perfect photo of all his friends in front of the truck, but that did not happen. This one is super cute to me though. Half of his friends were on the other side of the truck at this time. I love small children. They really do give you on the spot lessons in patience.


Henry enjoyed exploring the fire truck in his fire hat and fireman attire. They all got gold badge stickers from the firemen.


It was simple and silly fun. I just love that smile, and the squeal that comes with it. Precious, happy boy.


"Papa, What it do?!" I heart this photo of Randall's dad and Henry looking at the knobs on the fire truck. These two are a pair. I think Henry has grabbed Papa's heart in a way no one else has before. I love it. 


3 years ago we became a little family. What a gracious gift God gave us. We love being parents to this beautiful boy. It is never sane, quiet or still in or world, yet it is a lovely little life. I cherish these past 3 years and look forward to the next 3.


I really enjoyed this party theme so much. It was my favorite so far. Wonder what we will do next year??!! At this point I am thinking about hiring Chick fil A to do it all for me next time!


Henry is now 3. Remember my month by month photos of him in this chair during his first  year of life? Well, this is my little baby boy now sitting in the same chair. What a giant he has become in his little cupcake outfit he wore on his actual birthday to church. He was so excited about his cupcake shirt. I shall cherish these sweet times because before long he will throw things at me if I try to dress him in a cupcake shirt! Seriously, how did he turn 3 already?!

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday