Skip to main content

Christmas Exchange 2012

My camera was on some strange setting and took very bad photos, so excuse the fuzziness. It is not your eyes, it is my low quality photos! I am posting them anyway...just be prepared to blink a lot!


I love to host my annual cookie and ornament exchange. I started hosting this in our home in Byhalia in 2005. 8 years later it is now with new friends in Jonesboro. I sure miss my old friends, but the party most go on! This party seriously puts me in the Christmas spirit. I know once it is over I am all jingle bells and no shot gun shells!


I used to prepare my snacks, but no more! I have no time. I was home alone preparing last night and thinking about the first few parties I had and how it would be a strectch to afford the stuff for the hot wassail and red neck caviar. I found my self smiling thinking about sweet memories in my kitchen in Byhalia and how my party as evolved. It was an act of love and sacrifice to throw those parties in our early married days. Thankfully we have a little more jingle in our pocket now and I can buy the premade veggie tray and meat tray in the fridge section of the store and not sweat thinking about the expense of the wassail. I still always make my wassail and red neck caviar. It is a staple to my party.


These sweet girls make my heart happy. They are some of my first friends in Jonesboro , some of my newest friends from church and some of my coworkers. I love the mix.


Cookies galore. This year we had really fabulous cookies. We all took loads home. I know the husbands are happy to see my friends come home after this party. I know my husband is always excited to see the sugary loot.


These sassy girls posing in front of the alpine trees in the dining room. They are a hot mess. Sarah is new to my circle this year and I am so pleased about it. She make me laugh a lot.


I hopped in for a festive photo with Emily. She and I have become great friends since my last exchange party. She came last year and I barely knew her. I met her at church. We are now great buddies. She is a blessing to me this year. I lost an old dear friend this year to unneeded drama and gained a precious bond with this sweet girl a week later. I know it was God and I love him for it!


We always have a little dirty Santa with our ornaments. It was funny this year because most of the girls fought for the ornaments they brought and many went home with theirs! I love when the dirty Santa game gets dirty!  I got a cute candy cane ornament that came from my sassy Newcomers friend, Amanda. Then, Mama Sue left her glittery nutcracker ornament for me in my kitchen on purpose...so I got 2. Mama Sue is the best. I have known her since I was 4 years old. She was my neighbor and my mama's good friend in Fort Smith.  I love that I now live in Jonesboro with her, serve on the Pregnancy Resource board with her and go to church with her. Such a funny world. She still sees me as that little girl across the street and sometimes that is a real comfort in my new hometown.

The way God sees to bless me with such precious friends is quiet undeserving. I never really felt like I had a lot of friends while growing up but I am making up for it as a grown up. God saved the best for my prime and I am most thankful for it. I am already looking forward to Christmas Exchange 2013 and the new faces that may appear.

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday