Skip to main content

Make Believe With Me


Henry's imagination is on overdrive right now. It leaves me in awe. Sometimes my jaw literally drops. It is amazing to watch the light bulb go off and how he comes alive. It is almost like he gets in a trance and you can't stop it. Fascinating. This photo was sent to me by his teacher this week. He loves playing dress up at school. He may be the cutest Woody on the planet!

"Buzz Like You" is what he calls Buzz. His face cracks me up in this picture. What a doll. His teachers are so good about sending us pictures of him throughout the day. We are blessed to have him in such great care.

Here are some things he has done lately to leave us in stitches:

* Henry has decided he really likes Polar Express and we watched it about 524 times this past weekend. As you know the sad little boy on the train says "Christmas just dosen't work out for me". Well, Saturday when Henry REFUSED to get near Santa at Breakfast With Santa (which we did not even stay and eat bc he was so cranky about it all)  he looks at Randall and me with tears and says "Christmas just dont work out with me"...he changed the words up and it was so fitting for the moment. I didnt know if I should laugh or cry. Henry is a sponge with his TV viewing. Never a dull moment with that secret Santa loving boy!

*Henry sat on his fire truck (that is NOT a riding toy) and scooted up to the fireplace and pretended to be at a drive thru. All the sudden we hear him say " I need coffee coffee. 24. 2. no whip. pumpkin. Have a nice day!" and then he scooted away as though he was driving away. We literally bellied over laughing. He mixed our 2 coffee orders together and pretended to order coffee! Randall gets a 24 ounce with 2 shots of espresso. I get a pumpkin latte with no whip cream....and I always say "have a nice day" as I drive off. Neither one of us has gotten coffee in 3 weeks either. That child is a piece of work!

*Henry was pretending to be randall and randall was to pretend to be henry. henry went on about it for almost an hour. It was hysterical. I wish I had recorded it. He put on Randall's ball cap, His Cars bike gloves and acted like he was working on the combine. he then cleaned out his toy box and sat in it and pretended he was in Randall's silver truck. He took Henry to school and told him not to cry. Randall pretended to cry like henry always does at drop off. Henry told him he would not get any french fries when he got home and he better use the potty like a big boy. He then goes and picks him up from school and he had wet pants. he went to the kitchen and got a wooden spoon and spanked him and said "YOU A BAD BOY FOR THAT! No french fries for you!". he then got wipes and tried to wipe R's bottom...it was the funniest thing EVER! He even got his elmo cell phone and talked on the phone just like randall does...said all the things randall says to his guys and called all the guys by first and last name on the phone. We were speechless! The babies are sponges!



*And for some insane reason when he is cold or wet from sweat, rain or the bath he says "It is cold as booty"....embarrassment is an understatement! I try to say "Ice, Henry...ICE" and he will yell back "No, it's booty, mama!" I cant help but laugh. Oh my word...he is gonna be the death of me!

*He loves magazines and catalogs. He will request to see his toy catalog each day and tell us what new things he wants for Christmas. He will always correct us if we put his "MaZaGine" in the wrong spot. Hearing him say "MaZaGine" is the cutest thing ever!

* He prays just like us. It leaves me in awe. The other night at supper I asked him to pray and he said "Dear God thank you for the food and a good day. Amen!" and he always does his prayer hands. How do people NOT tell their babies about Jesus?!

*We have the little tikes nativity set, thanks to Mama Sue allowing us to borrow hers this year. He is obsessed with it. He takes baby Jesus with him everywhere. He also goes into the living room and stares at the ceramic nativity. He is right at eye level with it. I like standing there and watching him stare at it. Christmas through a child's eyes is so enlightening.

Abby






Comments

Kelley said…
Love love love your pictures! He is so cute! He is a lot like my Mary-Kate. She has a huge imagination too!

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday