Skip to main content

A trip Northeast

Stephen and I got home yesterday from the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. I got to meet so many minister's wives Monday at our luncheon. I just love those women. They have a heart for the Lord, their husbands and the people in their congregations. Do me a favor and go hug on your ministers' wives next time you see them, or don't even wait until then. Seek them out and let them know how special they are to you. You may not know them well, you may not know that they do anything "special" for your church. But trust me, they do! Go love on them.

While in Jonesboro I got to visit with a few special people in my life. Betty O. is like a grandmother to us. That woman loves us like we were her own children, and we love her that much in return. I always try to see her when I go see Abby. Abby, Henry and I went in the afternoon, thinking that she wouldn't cook for us. Everything she cooks is delish! But she cooked anyway! She made her famous chicken salad, cheese pie with strawberries, cookies and popcorn balls for us to take home with us. It was so nice to sit down and get to hear her talk. I love her so much.

These girls are my very best friends. Who would have ever thought that when I moved to a town of 1,700 when I was 23 and newly married that I would have found such wonderful friends? But we did! Jill is married to Nathan(the middle guy in the picture below) She was the pianist at church when Stephen was minister of music, he made her cry once. He has never forgotten it and neither has she! Dana is married to Tracy(the guy on the left). When we met her daughter was three years old, and not a big fan of mine. Now Kaley is a freshman in college and likes me a little better!


These guys are my favorite guys ever! Oh, the laughs I can recall between the 6 of us. The trips, the meals, the stories. I will be forever grateful that God saw fit to put such Godly, loving friends in our young lives at such an important time.
And since we were in Jonesboro, I got to see this guy. He wasn't nearly as taken with me as I was with him, but we had our moments! He is just so precious. He looks in real life just as cute as he does in his pictures. One of these days he is going to call his Juju and want me to bring him to my house and rescue him from his parents. I just can't wait!

Who knew I could be in so many pictures in one blog post!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will