Skip to main content

Show Us Your Life - Henry's Room

I know the Show Us Your Life blog hops are not something we usually participate in. We try so hard to not act "showy" in our posts. Yet, today...I am going to boast, brag and show off my baby boy's room, by gosh...so forgive me in advance!!!
Call me proud, but I am when it comes to this room. I worked hard on this room last year and I want to show it off....Seriously, if Randall came home today and said we had to move...I would cry only because the thought of leaving this room behind. CRAZY, I know...but I am serious.

Henry's room is unique but it was crafted with love.
I knew I did not want an "out of the box" baby room. I spent a few months researching and looking at all sorts of things. I had a girls room folder and a boys room folder. I found out it was a boy and I happily went with the boy idea and never looked back (I secretly wanted a boy the whole time). There were times my husband, mother-in-law, mother and sister looked at me like I had lost my mind, but it came together just as I had pictured it in my crazy head...but better! I love that it was an act of love. Henry's room is one of my favorite places to sit and relax because it is filled with so much love and it is the one room Randall let me have 100% say in. I love that!! ha.

This bookshelf is behind the door. I am not sure why the person that built this house thought that was a good idea, but it is what it is. I love having space to display things, even if no one sees it most of the time! My J'Town Melissa made the "Henry" wreath that hung on my hospital door. Randall and I painted the letters and I made the blessing ring that hangs from the closet door knob.
I just love this picture Lindsey took when he was 10 days old...I had to add it.

The changing area is one of THE most unique parts of Henry's room. If you have been to my house you know how extremely strange this area of Henry's room is. We made it into a changing area and replaced the existing mural with a new one. Our dear family friend, Genia painted Henry's mural as a gift to him. We love it. Henry smiles at the little boy and has started talking gibberish to him sometimes. It is cute.

I love the bat, ball, glove and bag of marbles. I also love the stuffed animals that sit in this little changing area. What is a baby's room with out some stuffed love?!

I really love the barn. I see this view when I am rocking him and I love it. Anyway, I use this wicker basket for all my changing things. It works well and Henry likes to grab it and push it closer to him. That doesn't work so well though....ha.

This was taken a year ago...look at the date! It has changed a wee bit, but I did not have a current picture on my computer and taking a new one for this post is not something I deemed a priority. We now have a tractor rocker by the toy box and some play tractors sitting there also. The diaper cake is gone and a cute piggy bank sits in its place. We also have photos in most of the frames now!

My in-laws bought Henry's bed and my mother-in-law made the bedding, pillows and curtains. She says she is no pro, but I beg to differ! Randall hung the "Every good and perfect gift.." verse above Henry's bed last Fall after the bed was put into its place. I loved it so much, and love it even more that my sweet boy is right underneath it now!
Lindsey and I painted the canvases last October. We are not paint artists at all. We truly lucked out in our attempt to give the boy some wall art. We signed the back of them because we know they will be worth big bucks some day! :) My mom's friend Susy made the "Henry" frame. Randall and I bought the rocker and we had the old nightstand. Randall just restained it and put new knobs on it. We are a crafty bunch, I tell ya!

The best part about this room is this little guy, Henry Patton. Thank you for letting me be proud and boast about his room. I promise to not participate in the Show Us Your Life blog hops again unless it is warranted...like this one was! ha.

Abby

Comments

That mural is amazing!! What a unique room...love it all. :)
Amanda M. said…
OOOOOOH! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE sweet Henry's room. It's so unique and creative, yet so beautiful and classic.
Kelley said…
What a fantastic room! I love the colors you chose.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will