Skip to main content

Santa Claus Came To Town

Santa came and came big. Before he came we had to soak up the real meaning of Christmas. We went to church on Christmas Eve and Nana and Papa came in time to go with us. We got to sing and light glow sticks...Henry loved it! He got to go in the service with us and he did great. Christmas at our new church was such a treat this year. I reflected on things I had never really thought of. I love taking away new little nuggets of truth. I always enjoy a Christmas Eve service. It puts the rest of the night and the next day into perspective.

Keeping with our Christmas tradition, we wore matching pajamas for the third year in a row. We wore Sesame Street themed pajamas this year. It was fun times. We love doing Christmas at home now that we have Henry. It is so peaceful and fun. We stayed in our pajamas all of Christmas Day. Nothing like a day in the pajamas. Those are rare for us these days. It was bliss.


Christmas with a 2 year old is fun and exhausting. Capturing him on camera is difficult these days. We were thrilled to get him sitting still looking into the camera. Marmie got him the Elmo shoes. Such a cute added touch. I sure do love this little Christmas cutie!

Because Henry was such a good boy this year Santa visited him in a big way. Santa had 4 helpers that worked hard putting it all together. Henry got his own house, mortgage paid! He also got an extra large dump truck and a work bench. His Nana and Papa gave him the Mickey Mouse bike. His stocking was busting at the seams too. Santa likes Henry a lot!

This was Henry's reaction to Santa's gifts. His little smile and squeal were priceless. My camera was on its last leg so the photo was really poor quality. Thankfully my in-laws saw fit to gift me with a new camera and I opened it soon after this photo was taken!

He ran to his house first. He was overwhelmed I think. I know Santa was just as excited as he was to watch his face light up.

He spotted the dump truck from his house and had to check it out. He ran to get his old one and to compare the size. He was funny sizing them up. It is about 3 times the size of his old one. I think he has pushed it into every room of our house. Poor thing is ready to play outside again. He loves pushing his trucks and filling them up with all his little stuff. He is so funny.

Next he had to check out his work bench. He will have lots of projects to work on I am sure. He loves to push the button and make the saw cut. He even tried to lick it while it was on. Randall quickly gave him a lesson on safety while at work. We might have to call Mr. Sam and have him do a safety inspection (Melissa's husband is a safety man).

Henry loves his Mickey bike from his Nana and Papa. If he can get the pedaling down he might just ride on down the road. He loves to go!

Henry wanted us to visit him in his house. He held me hostage for a while. Daddy gave me my rations and communicated with me through the window during the stand off. Henry finally let me go and that was nice. I would let him hold me hostage in his house all day if he wanted.

Henry also had fun with our gifts. What is mine is his these days...and what is his is not mine! So true and funny. He loved climbing on the cooler his daddy got from Nana and Papa. I think he thought it was a toy box. Christmas is so fun with Henry. I love sharing the joy of the season with our baby boy.
Abby

Comments

Kelley said…
How cute is that! Henry looks like he had a blast! Christmas sure is fun with little ones.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday