Today, Saturday, is Abby's 30th birthday.
Like most of us, she is probably thinking that she hasn't become the person she thought she would be by the age of 30. So, I took it upon myself to make a list of her accomplishments as a little birthday present to her. If you think of others please leave them in the comments for us to see!
- Asked Jesus Christ to be the Lord and Savior of her life
- met and fell in love with the perfect man for her
- married that man (hi Randall!)
- planned, designed, and delegated her wedding from 5 hours away
- has lived in 6 cities since graduating from high school
- attended three colleges
- is a member of a sorority
- graduated from UCA
- paid off her college loans WAY early
- sang solos in church
- has completed a marathon
- has completed two 5K's
- has more friends than can be counted
- is a loving, generous sister
- is a kind, giving, and loving aunt
- has raised many thousands of dollars for Leukemia research
- currently holds a job with the responsibility of getting the name of outstanding healthcare out to her community
- has been successfully married for 51/2 years
- can make a beautifully decorated cake
- has great style and fashion sense
- never forgets anyones birthday or anniversary
- can decorate a Christmas tree more beautifully than Mrs. Claus
- is a loyal and devoted sister and friend, daughter and wife
- is a daughter-in-law to two mothers-in-law (now that is a fete!)
- doesn't take no for an answer
- serves on a committee for the United Way
- serves on committees for the Chamber of Commerce
- has a passport and has used it!
- has bought a home, sold it, and bought another one
- has impeccable character and integrity
I don't know what all Abby had in mind for her life by the time she reached 30 but I think she has accomplished quite a bit to be proud of. I know I am proud to call her my sister and my friend. I love you girl!