Skip to main content

Tennessee Turkey Times


My little loves and I headed to my Aunt Babs and Uncle Joe's for Thanksgiving. She is my Daddy's sister and my second mama. She loves me like her very own. I lived in their home on and off in college, and then after I graduated I lived with them until I got married. They are my "people".


Henry had fun celebrating Thanksgiving at school this year. He did his "Turkey in my belly time" dance at his class party and all throughout Thanksgiving day. He was most precious and had lots of hats to wear, as you can see. It was cute and fun times.


I loaded up some fabulous cookies made by a new cookie girl in town, along with the dressing and pumpkin pies I made, and headed over the mighty Mississippi . We left early T'day morning to watch the parade and cook with Hollye.


My cousin Hollye lives across the street from Babs and Joe (her parents). It is a wonderful arrangement. She is an only child and like a sister to Jules and me. We are a lot a like in a lot of ways and it is such a comfort to know we have her to do life with. She and I prepared the bulk of the lunch and had fun doing it. Hollye did most of the work, but I looked good riding on her coat tails. I was getting credit for stuff I did not fix but then they all soon found out it was all her and she was getting credit for what little I did prepare. Never a dull moment.


 Henry had so much fun watching the balloons on the parade and looking at toy ads. He wanted everything he saw, of course.I could eat him up. I love that child.


Claire is Hollye's daughter. Henry loves chasing her around and she actually enjoys it, thankfully. She is in the 6th grade and plays on the varsity team at her school. Henry was smart enough to run away when he saw the ball in her hand.


Henry told everyone at school that he was going to his Aunt Barbara's for Thanksgiving. He was so excited to get there. I look at this picture and smile thinking how much this little boy is loved by so many. Our family is beyond blessed to have the love of the Lord bond us all together forever.


Uncle Joe is behind the camera saying "fuzzy pickles" as he always does, instead of "cheese", and I am of course repeating him as he snaps the photo.This photo is pre ham and turkey slicing. I attacked the ham and Hollye got the fried and roasted turkey. I looked at her at one point and asked "When did this happen?". Seriously, we are the generation in charge of the food and it baffles me on how on earth this happened so soon?! We rocked it though.


Thanksgiving at Babs' is not complete without a little laugh and love from my sweet ole daddy. Henry adores his Grandaddy. They are funny little friends. This photo makes me giggle. Henry is looking at me like "get out of our business, woman!". I have to watch these two because they are liable to get into lots of trouble together. I am so thankful for my daddy and all the laugh lines he has caused on my face.


It was not only Thanksgiving, it was also the birthdays of these two. Randall celebrated 36 years and Connie Sue celebrated another year also! Babs had special cupcakes for them but we forgot about them until after everything was cleaned up. We staged the photo. I think Connie looks a little afraid Randall might bite her instead of the cupcake! I know sharing your birthday with a holiday has to stink. Daddy shares his with Jesus and Barbara Mandrell every Christmas.


Henry saw cupcakes and did not care that lunch was over and cleaned up. Babs hooked him up with an orange one. Rotten little sweetie, he is.


Turkey time with my boys was once again a memorable one. They headed home Thanksgiving night and I stayed in Memphis to shop with my girls.


Claire, Hollye and I braved Walmart in Cordova and then Target in East Memphis. We had this photo taken in the line to get into Target. We were behind the store in line. It was insane fun.


 Our Thursday night haul. Claire had never experienced such shopping craziness and loved it. We may make her into one of us afterall! I love the laughter and memories we made together.


Black Friday morning we headed out with Babs. We got more great buys and had some interesting experiences in Stein Mart. I did get 93 cent pajamas in Stein Mart, so it was worth it! I will say that the Lee 3 will be wearing their Xmas Eve matching pjs to the tune of 93 cents this year due to may savvy shopping...stay tuned for the cuteness!

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of food and fun!
Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday