Skip to main content

Fall Fun

Friday afternoon Henry and I headed about an hour outside of town to one of Randall's plots so he could ride the combine with his daddy. Henry did not pose for this picture. It just happened. He was watching his Daddy out in the field and looked back at me to tell me "Daddy work".


When we got there Henry ran in the corn yelling "Daddy's corn" over and over. It was the cutest thing. His daddy made a pass up to the front of the field and picked up Henry soon after we arrived. Henry was eager and excited to get on Daddy's "tractor". We tried to correct him but when we said "combine" Henry said "crouton" (he loves croutons!).


This is a research combine if you are wondering what in the world kind of combine this is. It is very specialized and records data as the corn is cut/shelled.



I just love my boys. They live for each other. It is the sweetest thing. I don't know who was more excited...Randall or Henry. Randall loves being with his boy and Henry's favorite person is his daddy.




We spent 3 hours harvesting corn. We were there until dark and it was fun times. Henry got to ride home with his daddy and I got to listen to grown up music on the drive back to J'Town all alone without having to listen to a Veggie Tale DVD in my right ear and a little buddy yelling "juice" at me. It was bliss for all 3 of us!




Saturday morning we got up and went to the cutest place a little ways outside of town. A friend from church told me about it and said it would be great for Henry. We took him to a pumpkin patch last year but this year we wanted something that didn't cost an arm and a leg since he is still too young to participate in much. This was perfect.



Henry was actually standing on hay all on his own and posing in this picture for his daddy. He is such a big boy...with pigtails! This made me laugh. I am a man and Henry has pigtails.



Henry had fun going at his own pace, without a crowd and looking at the pumpkins. We loved watching him have fun and hearing him say "puhkin" over and over and over...so fun.



Saturday afternoon after the Hogs won we went outside to paint pumpkins and decorate the yard for Fall. Randall and I have been painting pumpkins for years. We love the tradition. Randall bought the pumpkins this past week because he thought they were good painting pumpkins...I have warped that man! I love it. Anyway, Henry Patton can now participate in the fun and not just be a spectator like last year. (Do y'all remember the year I was pregnant and Randall painted my belly like a pumpkin?! I may post that again later this month. I still think that was great fun....)


Henry loved his Elmo pumpkin we painted together. That is Randall's corn, by the way. We are ready for fall time fun at our house. This weekend reminds me how much fun it is to be a mama to my Henry and a wife to my Randall. I know that sounds cheesy at times, but I really mean it. Life and the little events are all about what you make of it.



This is my 22 month old baby being goofy before church today. Can you believe he is 22 months today?! My little buddy is getting so big and so smart. I kept the 2/3 year olds in extended session this morning and Henry knows all his shapes and only 1 of those older babies did. I felt pretty proud of my Henry! He even knows a star, an octagon (he says "stop"), a diamond, an oval and a heart.


Henry is full of life and is always on go. When he stops at night it is like a jolt to his daddy and me. He is constant and we are not as young as we used to be....but we laugh constantly and that makes it all worth it. I love to laugh. Henry is alot like me, and that means he is a little clown. He is also very loving and curious like his daddy. I just love my little guy and that he can still rock the ole knee socks like a champ!


Abby

Comments

Kelley said…
I can't believe he is 22 months. Time flies! Your pictures are great of him. I love the "tractor" pictures and the pumpkin patch!

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday