Skip to main content

Goodbye 2010!




I did this last year, here. Abby did this last year, here. It was fun to do, and even more fun to look back on today. Here are our combined answers for 2010:


Julie:

What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
J- I don't know. Check back, maybe I'll think of something.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make any this year?
J- I looked back to see if I made any resolutions publicly. And I can't find any. I'm sure I resolved to lose weight, read my Bible more and be more patient with my kids. If those were my resolutions, then NO, I did not keep them!

Did anyone close to you give birth?
J- Sadly, no.

Did anyone close to you die?
J- No, but I did attend funerals for a few that I was close to the family of. (wow, that was a rough sentence!)

What places have you visited?
J- Disney World!! It was great!

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
J- My answer last year was patience. So, I will repeat last year's answer and add a clean house!

What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory?
J- July 23. The day Daniel broke his arm. It was quite a day!

What was your biggest achievement this year?
J- 2009 was a tough year, 2010 was better. That we remained solid, together and loving the Lord is my achievement this year. And also that we survived two kids with mono, one with a double ear infection, and one broken arm in the same month. We survived!


Did you have any illnesses this year?
J- I didn't. But my kids did, see above. I'm hoping 2010 was the only year we have a July like that!

What was the best thing you bought this year?
J- Goodness, I can't remember. I'm sure it was something terribly cheap at A&E's. Born shoes for $5? Oh! Our van! I've gotten over the things it lacks, and have embraced it as it is. I really, really like it. Abby should get one too. Oh! and I got a Cricut, love.it.

Where did most of your money go?
J-Besides groceries and the new van, I'd have to say shoes and jeans for the boys.

What song will remind you of 2010?
J- Tonight by Toby Mac. The boys fell in love with Toby Mac this year. And I, of course, have felt that way for quite a while. Don't tell Stephen!

What do you wish you would have done more of?
J-Tell others about Jesus, and cleaned house.

What do you wish you would have done less of?
J- Re-living past wrongs. I mean God forgave, why dwell on it?!

What was your favorite tv program?
J- I've started watching reality shows. Like American Pickers, 19 Kids & Counting, Toddlers & Tiara's, and of course the cooking shows, Top Chef and Next Food Network Star.

What was the best book you read this year?
J- I got a Kindle for Christmas last year ( have I told you that before? HA!) and have read so very many books. I can't keep track.

What was your favorite film of the year?
J- I loved Toy Story 3. It made me cry. I just saw True Grit last week and really like it. Those could quite possibly be the only two movies I saw this year.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
J- For my 40th birthday I went to Fort Smith and had a family birthday party. It was great! I got to see Mamaw and Uncle David, Aunt Janet, Uncle Mike, the cousins, friends. It was great. And I got my first pedicure. I'm in love!

What political issues stirred you the most?
J- I wouldn't say I get stirred. Some bother me, but I shan't write about them here.

Who was the best new person you met this year?
J- I'd have to say Angie. She is so quiet that I almost missed her. But she is so sweet and talented. Can't wait to get to know her more.


***************************************************


Abby:


What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before:

A- I quit a job without having one and stayed unemployed...with a smile! I also threw a birthday party for my own child. I have always looked forward to that. I have SO enjoyed the "firsts" this year with my sweet boy.


Did you keep your resolutions and do you plan to make any this year?

A- I don't think I made many, but I do plan to make a few this year.


Did anyone close to you give birth:

A - yes, my best friend Melissa Jane gave birth to her third son, Luke.


Did anyone close to you die:

A- Thankfully, no.


What places have you visited:

A- Outside of the normal visits to see family in Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas I visited Minnesota for the first time this year. We did not do much extra travel as a family this year. I hope to change this in 2011!


What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010:

A- Discernment and a filter - I would like to make better decisions and not trust every tom, dick and harry with the details of my life. I would also like to shut my mouth when it needs to be shut and open it when it needs to be open.


What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory:

A- June 16th - The day I quit my job.


What was your biggest achievement this year:

A- Learning that the simple things are the happiest things. Blowing bubbles in the driveway with Henry, while waiting for our little Daddy to get home from being on the road...pure bliss. I am really proud of this sweet little lesson.
Did you have any illnesses this year:

A- Thankfully, I did not have any major illnesses this year and neither did anyone in my family. Henry got RSV and a few other little viruses that scared us, but we are blessed to have a healthy family as we enter 2011.


What was the best thing you bought this year:

A- Our cozy brown couch in the den. It is so nice to have couches in both sitting rooms. Why did we wait so long?!


Where did most of your money go:

A- Formula, diapers, wipes and yogurt melts...lots of yogurt melts. Most of our money went to cover, clean and feed Henry.


What song will remind you of 2010:

A - Head Shoulders Knees and Toes....just sayin. If you were looking for some great Carrie Underwood hit or a Beyonce tune, wrong! I will also think of the Revelation Song and be reminded of our blessed first Easter with Henry.


What do you wish you had done more of:

A- Relaxed. I wish I had let loose more and not worried about the details. I plan to do that in 2011!


What do you wish you had done less of:

A- Complain about all I "had to do" when really it was nothing important, and in return just truly enjoyed my lazy days with Henry.


What was your favorite TV program:

A- I made a choice to stop watching Grey's (see last years post) and a few other shows that I started feeling convicted about. Being a new mother to a child in our fallen society has made me a bit more aware I reckon. So, I guess my favorite these days is Pickers or The Middle...I just love that Brick kid.


What was the best book you read this year?

A- Isaiah. I have attended BSF this year. It is the hardest book I have ever studied, yet so full of blessings. Outside of that it would be What To Expect The First Year. I have read that book many, many late nights in hopes of finding the golden answer!


What was your favorite film on the year?

A - I have not seen a movie in a theatre this year, nor watched a new release on DVD that is not a Veggie Tale. I cannot answer this one.


What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

A- The weekend before my birthday Randall took me to LR to shop and go out to eat. Henry stayed with his Nana. We ended up shopping for Henry and then talking about him all through dinner. He should have just come with us! Then, on my actual birthday Randall took me to eat Mexican for lunch while Henry was at daycare. We then played pin the tail on the donkey that night with Henry's help. It was great fun! I turned 32.


What political issues stirred you the most?

A-I am not one to get real stirred by politics, but the mid-term election in our state was fun to watch.


Who was the best new person you met this year?

A- This is a tough one. I got to know a few girls I already knew a lot better this year, and I feel like I have a couple of great new friendships due to that. So, I will have to say my BSF group leader, Liza is the best new person I have met this year. She is such a sweet person who is genuinely transparent, and a friend.


So, there you have it....Happy New Year from the sisters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday