Skip to main content

I'm here!

Hello all!!!
Because I'm sure there are those of you that read this that are like me and want to know all the little details of peoples lives, I will share with you what I've been up to.
At the end of November I was thrown for a loop, (there is a story there but I won't tell it) which put my December into sort of a funk. Don't you just hate it when that happens?
We went to a few Christmas parties, went Christmas shopping as much as the kiddos would allow, and decorated the house with the sights and smells of Christmas. We watched Christmas movies on tv and even movies that really weren't Christmasy at all (like Cars and the Incredibles-what is Christmasy about those?) The boys sang in our church's Singing Christmas Tree. Samuel had a solo and did a great job all 4 nights. I think we had something like 1400 people come see the tree. It was a beautiful service all 4 nights, the music was wonderful, the singers did great and Stephen did a terrific, God-honoring job of closing it each night with a prayer of salvation. Perfect event for this Christmas season.
We had our family Christmas with my dads side of the family one Saturday. Stephen had a funeral to preach so he wasn't able to have fun with us.It was the first time in all of our maried life that we had been apart during present opening.I debated on trying to attend the funeral or at least the visitation because I love that family so much and wanted to be with them during this difficult time but knew that they would want me to be with my own family for Christmas. I got to visit with some friends from our Leachville days. Man, it is always so refreshing to be with them. They know me just about as good as anyone and love me in spite of it all! It was so good to see the family too. I don't get to see them very much through the year so it is always fun to talk, laugh and enjoy each others prescense and presents! HA! play on words!!
Then we undecorated our tree and gave it to a family that didn't yet have one. Their kids were so excited! We packed up our presents and headed to the Fort. We spent one evening with my dear friend Cindy (Lou) and her family. We had such a great time together as 2 families. The kids just love to play with each other and Stephen and her husband really hit it off. Such fun! We also spent time with our aunts and uncles, and cousins. Anna and Grace had a memorable time playing together (isn't that right, Sarah!!)There was a lot of time to just sit and visit with each other. A easy relaxed Christmas. We also got to visit with some friends of Stephen's (mine too) that used to live there but don't anymore and just visit at Christmas. That was fun. Oh! I got to be at the airport when Emily and Nathan arrived with Owen. That was such a special time. Owen did so good and Emily and Nathan looked so happy and complete.
Well, are you tired of me yet? Hold on. Since this is New Years Eve and all I thought I would let you know what my plans are for the new year.I just read my goals for 2008 and let me just ask you to not scroll down, click on January and look at them. I'm pretty sure I completed 1 1/2 of them. Sadness! So this is what I have planned. The same as last year! Since I didn't complete any but seeing Mamaw and Uncle David and reading 1/2 as many non fiction books as fiction (it was probably 1/4), they were pretty good goals and this time I will write them out and post them in the office! So, Julies goals 2008 meet 2009! Lets do better this time! (that rhymed!!)
Happy New Year!!!!
Julie

Comments

Sisters said…
I am so glad you finally posted something...it was becoming the Abby Jo Show on here!
AJL
Jodi said…
Sounds like you've been very busy this Christmas season. The funeral you spoke of was for a very close family friend of ours that we've known for many years. We were not able to attend the funeral, but Big D did go to the viewing the night before at the funeral home, but I did hear that your husband did a really nice job that day. I'm sorry you all couldn't be together, but I hope you know he was appreciated very much where he was at the time.

Are you all doing art again? I hope to see you then. What are you reading right now? I've been reading Terri Blackstock and Terry from the library told me you read those too! I prefer the fiction too, just depends on what mood I'm in. Ok this is getting long, better go. Can you tell it's been awhile since I've seen you? I've got so much to say!

Happy New Year!
God Bless you and Abby and both of your families! Hope to see you soon!
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year to the sisters and their families and I hope that all are blessed in the new year.
Diana

PS: Julie, your children are so precious and beautiful. I know you are so honored to have such a wonderful family.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will