Skip to main content

The Sisters Typical Day


Abby's Day:

6:15 - alarm goes off. I turn it off and convince myself that 5 more minutes will be fine and close my eyes.
6:20 - I get up and start getting dressed. It is a lot more of a rush than BH (before Henry) and there is no more thinking "does this look cute or not"...we just go with it and hope for the best.
6:40- I bring Henry to my bed so I can hear him if he chooses to cry and wake up while I am in my bathroom beautifying myself. He loves to be on Mama's pillow :)
6:50 - I make a smoothie for breakfast and get my things together for the day
7:00- I give Henry all my kisses and then get him dressed for the day. We then love on each other a bit more.
7:15- Henry goes in his car seat and we head out to start our day.
7:30 - Henry arrives at daycare and sees his little friends and sweet teachers.
7:40 - I leave daycare and head to work to see my little friends and start my day. I usually call my Mama, Randall or my sister on my drive in.
8:00- I take off my mama hat and put on my marketing hat for the next 9 hours. I coordinate all the marketing for our healthcare system which means meetings, phone calls, emails galore, errands, events, community involvement, and a fire extingusher for the fires I put out all day.
5:00 - The whistle blows and I race for home or daycare, depending on if Randall is in town. If he is in town, he picks up Henry about 4:00 and I get to head straight home. I like those days. If not, I go to daycare and get my baby boy.
5:20- I walk in the door and get Henry out of his car seat and we chill for a few minutes.
5:45- I decide I might need to eat or the chance might pass me by for the night. I used to cook and make nice meals. That has not happened since I started work. I must work on this and let the Healthy Choice Steamers take a rest. They are all beginning to taste alike.
6:00 - I put Henry in his bouncey seat and carry it with me to the kitchen to wash bottles and the blender from my smoothie I made before work. We then get everything ready for his 3 bottles he will have before we leave for daycare the following morning.  We then get everything ready for his bath (he takes it in the kitchen).
6:30 - We go back to the back of the house and let mama take her work clothes off and get comfy.
6:40- We go back to the den and let Henry play a bit.
7:00 - Henry eats and then gets his bath.
7:45-10:00- Henry will sit in my lap or Randall's lap, play a bit and fall asleep. I will veg out, shower, read a mag, watch a show, do laundry, and some nights I get on Facebook
10:00 - Henry gets fed and lights out for everyone...we are dead tired by this time.
4:00 - Henry decides he needs to eat and cries out for his 4 ounces of goodness. I get up and feed that sweet boy and put him right back down.
4:20 - I go back to bed with hopes that maybe the next 2 hours will be quality sleep.
6:15 - We do it again!



Julie's Day:

7:00-The boys wake up. They used to set their alarms for 7:00. I stopped that! I didn't like hearing an alarm clock first thing in the morning. (I'm a tad bit spoiled)
Sometime after 7:00- Anna comes and gets in bed with us. We watch tv, flipping from GMA, to Today and Cosby Show.
8:00(ish)-I head to the kitchen, unload the dishwasher, put the first load of laundry in, tell the kids whats for breakfast, sometimes its a hot breakfast prepared by me, sometimes its a cold breakfast prepared by them, and go to the office. There I get on the computer and get ready for the days lessons.
9:00(ish)-I yell "ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL", the kids come in and we begin our school day. I'll give you a run down of our school day in another post. I put a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer.
11:45- The boys start asking whats for lunch. This question really gets on my nerves.
12:00- Lunch gets started. Sometimes I fix lunch, other times each child fixes his/her own lunch. It is usually the latter.
1:00-4:00- If school wasn't completed in the morning we finish now. I run errands, clean the house, take a shower, finish laundry, visit with friends, discipline children, go to the library, make plans for the upcoming days, plan supper, do stuff with the kids.
4:00-Begin supper preperations and fold clothes. I try to watch some tv.
5:00 Stephen comes home from work.
5:30(ish) We eat supper.
6:00-We head to ballgames, ball practice, boy scout meetings, church, or anything else we have scheduled for the night. If we are at home we watch tv, or play a game.
8:30- The kids head to bed.
8:35-The parents eat a snack.
10:00-Reuns of The Office come on, we watch and laugh together
11:00-We go to bed and sleep! Its been a good day.

These times are really approximate. Some days I don't wake up until 8:00, so the day gets started a little later. All the same things are accomplished, just on a pushed-back schedule.

Comments

Amanda M. said…
I just clicked over from Kelly's Korner! What a totally fun blog you two have!
Adrienne said…
stopped by from Kelly's Korner
Amanda M. said…
I am a follower of you two lovely ladies now! :)
kathy said…
Abby you keep a real good schedule. Julie, I am at work before you get up and am still up when you go to bed. GIRL!!! what is wrong with this picture!!!
Kelley said…
I love Julie's day, but I have more of an Abby day these days.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will