Skip to main content

A Haul of Fun

Jules and I love to go to consignment sales and have planned for months to meet up in LR this weekend to attend our most favorite sale of the year. The photo above is of us after 1.5 hours of steady shopping and a quick dinner at Jason's Deli. It was most fun being together without any distractions, laughing, and driving away with a haul of goodies. We really do share a soul and I love having her all to myself sometimes. I don't think that is too selfish of me.

Part of our plan was to meet up and spend the night at our Aunt Suzy's house. She is our Mawmaw's sister and our Mother's travel buddy. She has the house that every child loves to visit. I remember as a child being gitty in the backseat on the way to LR thinking about the fun I would have in her basement and such. It overlooks the Arkansas River, with the back of her house being all glass windows. I love this view. The night time view is actually my favorite.

Anna is no exception...in fact, all 4 of Julie's children love coming to this house. Anna was the only one who got to come with Julie for our overnight stay and Anna ate it up. As you can see, Aunt Suzy loved it alot also.

Our sweet Mama came to stay with us and keep the 2 kiddos while we shopped and ate on Friday night. Henry was such a good boy and slept so good in the room with Marmie. Juju and Marmie loved seeing him so happy when he woke up. Mornings are his best time. They will kill me for posting this picture of them in their morning best, but I loved the expressions too much not to share.

Anna got to have eggs and ice cream for breakfast. Tell me she is not spoiled rotten? The boys were most jealous of the ice cream at breakfast. They are already asking when they will get their turn!

Anna rode with me on to Twinkle Town so Henry and I could stay the night with Juju and her gang. Anna is such a good little nanny. I need her to come home with me because she is a great third arm and an extra set of legs...plus, she is just too cute for words.

Juju and Anna had fun giving Henry a bath in their kitchen sink. I told them it reminded me of the Moses story with all the women bathing him as a baby. Henry loves the bath and their sink was no exception.

Uncle Stephen loves a baby and Henry is most blessed for it. He has been looking after him since we arrived and has given him his first real baseball. Henry may not make it in the car with me tomorrow afternoon. They may steal him from me...ha!

As you know, Uncle Stephen is a pastor. We will take Henry to his church tomorrow for his first church outing. I am so excited and pray he acts nice! We hate Randall is missing out, but it is Spring and that means craziness for our little Daddy. He is headed out to plant down south for a while. We sure miss him, but love how hard he works so we can go shop and get a haul of goodies!
Abby

Comments

Kelley said…
I am so glad you guys had such a fun trip. Anna looks so precious. Henry looks like he loved being with his family this weekend. He is really growing right before our eyes.
Anonymous said…
I am stunned and impressed that Uncle Stephen is showing Henry the correct way to hold a two seamed fast ball. Good Coach...and we always knew he was a good preacher.

Henry's grandaddy...
and, oh yeah, Stephen's father in law.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will