Skip to main content

Goodbye 2011


We have done this post the past few years. This will be our third year to do this. It is fun to look back on them each year.


Julie:

What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
J- Moved to Pine Bluff. Relied on the Lord more than ever before. My faith was tested and I found God faithful and true. God is great!

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make any this year?
J- I doubt it

Did anyone close to you give birth?
J- A friend of mine had a family member of mine both had baby boys. So precious.

Did anyone close to you die?
J- No, but a friend of Stephen's lost his wife. It was terribly sad. Stephen has been such a great friend to him through it all.

What places have you visited?
J- Stephen and I went to Gatlinburg. I hadn't been in many years and going with Stephen made it so special.

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
J- I need wisdom!

What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory?
J- Nov 13th

What was your biggest achievement this year?
J- The we remained solid together and loving the Lord is my achievement this year.


Did you have any illnesses this year?
J- No big illness this year. Yay!

What was the best thing you bought this year?
J- a skirt for my swimsuit!

Where did most of your money go?
J- the answer is always....food!

What song will remind you of 2011?
J- I Love The Way You Hold Me by Toby Mac and Jamie Grace

What do you wish you would have done more of?
J-I wish I had not thought so much about what others thought of me and more of what Jesus thought of me

What do you wish you would have done less of?
J- Fussing at my children

What was your favorite tv program?
J- I found Happy Days reruns...I just love that show.

What was the best book you read this year?
J- Jesus Calling. A devotional Book. Please get this if you don't have it!

What was your favorite film of the year?
J- Courageous. It was so good, funny and tense. I loved it!

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
J- We went shopping and out to eat. I enjoyed the day.

What political issues stirred you the most?
J- Next year is election year and I am already of debates and campaigns

Who was the best new person you met this year?
J- I met a lot of new people towards the end of this year. Good people that love the Lord & my family.

***************************************************


Abby:


What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before:

A - I started Crossfit. It is an intense workout program. I hope 2012 proves to be a fit year for me :)I also mothered a toddler for the first time...whew!


Did you keep your resolutions and do you plan to make any this year?

A- I am not sure I made any and I am probably not going to make many this year. I never keep them! Though I do hope our family learns to eat cleaner, leaner and healthier this year. We will see how that goes though...it is a meal by meal thing with us.


Did anyone close to you give birth:

A - It was a baby free year in my little world. I think our circle is getting a little older and the babies are becoming fewer.

Did anyone close to you die:

A- Thankfully, no.


What places have you visited:

A- I finally visited the Alabama Gulf Coast. I visited our family in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas like always. I also traveled to Minnesota again.


What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011:

A- I am glad to say I gained what I asked for in 2011. I finally got a little filter and a bit of discernment. I am most proud! In 2012 I would like to have more discipline in a few areas of my life.


What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory:

A- July 11th - the day I went back to work.


What was your biggest achievement this year:

A- Learning to let people and things go that bog me down. It is so freeing to let things go that do not bring any good to my life. It was hard to do but I feel I am a stronger person because of it. 2011 was a year of growing up and moving on.

Did you have any illnesses this year:

A- Thankfully, just some rounds of the common cold, a bout of strep and a stomach bug or two.


What was the best thing you bought this year:

A- "a new car" (I can hear Bob Barker saying that on The Price is Right, can't you?!)I finally let the Maxima go and I now cruise in a suv. I swore I wouldn't break down and do it but I had a child and I find myself eating lots of my words and doing all those things I said I would never do.


Where did most of your money go:

A- Diapers, gas for the "new car" and lunch...I eat out at lunch WAY too much!


What song will remind you of 2011:

A - Jesus Loves me. Henry likes to hear it every night before he goes to bed. It will forever remind me of our rocks to sleep in his footed pj's and him saying "I want Jesus". I will also be reminded of Barefoot Blue Jean Night and Henry rocking back in forth in his car seat. My favorite song for this year was Hands Lifted High by Dennis Jernigan. It makes my arms go up and my shouts go out to Jesus...wow!


What do you wish you had done more of:

A- relaxed. I said the same thing last year! I plan to do it more in 2012. I started relaxing more at the end of 2011. I hope to continue to veg more on the couch and let the dust collect more this year. Writing Henry's name in the table might be fun?! ha.


What do you wish you had done less of:

A - I am not sure of that one right now. Maybe drink less Diet Coke - ha!


What was your favorite TV program:

A - I don't really have one anymore. I know that seems sad, but it really isn't. I enjoy just watching it when I want and not feeling drawn to the tube. Henry watches all his shows & DVDs most of the time anyway.


What was the best book you read this year?

A - Made To Crave was really good. It didn't change me but it made me think about things I would have otherwise not put much thought into.


What was your favorite film of the year?

A - Bridesmaids was hilarious. I love that type of humor. The Help was a close second. I love the south and all it represents....the good and the bad.


What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

A- I celebrated with my Henry. Randall was out of town for work. Henry and I ran after work at ASU with the Boyer Mile crew and got drive thru from Hardee's. Ok, the night before my birthday Randall took us to Red Lobster and gave me my gift! I turned 33....33 and free, baby! I went to Fort Smith the weekend of my birthday and celebrated with my Mama, sister, Fab 4, grandparents, bff, etc it was great fun.


What political issues stirred you the most?

A-I am not one to get real stirred by politics, but the state of our economy and people mooching off our welfare system really makes my BP soar through the roof. Get a real job and quit leaching off my hard earned dollar in your new vehicle and your expensive jeans...I get hot about it. I buy my baby's milk with my own money and wear Old Navy jeans and take great pride in my milk and cheap jeans. The system is there for those who NEED it, not those who are lazy and irresponsible.


Who was the best new person you met this year?

A- Gosh, this a tough one because God blessed me with so many new faces this year. Joining our church and going back to work meant lots of new people in my life. I will pick Lisa as the new person for this year. She is the first true accountability partner I have ever had. It is so nice to find her at this stage in my life. She is older than me and so much wiser. She is a lot like me, yet so different. She is our preschool director at our church and she loves my child and helps him know Jesus. I love her for that. Her passion for giving all she has in this life is inspiring to me and has made me a better person.


So, there you have it....Happy New Year from the sisters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday