Skip to main content

Christmas in Dixie

S Family Christmas comes every year and every year it is great fun. We head to Daddy's house in Mississippi for a fun-filled day of family, gifts and food. And almost every year Daddy is supporting and sporting a new team's pullover....just kidding. He went from Arkansas to Ole Miss and now back to Memphis. I love it. He looks good in Tiger blue.
S Family matriarchs, Babs and Bob. Meemaw and Peepaw did well.
From Babs and Bob you have the beautiful brunette S girls. We are quite the trio. Jules and I love our cousin Hollye to pieces. She is like a sister to us. Coming from a small family, we bonded well growing up even though we lived a state away from one another.
From the 3 of us you have this handsome group! Thanks to Jules for doing most of the work :)
The S family produces such pretty girls. Meemaw would love pampering these two just like she did us. Claire and Anna are " our pretty girls". Meemaw used to say "my pretty girl" all the time. I loved that.
Henry and his Grandaddy are quite a pair. He looks a lot like Daddy when he was a boy. Henry wore his sweater vest to G'daddy's house in honor of him. Daddy loves a sweater vest. In fact my father in law saw Henry in that very vest and said "Henry, you look like Grandaddy!" So funny.
Grandaddy's babies. He sure has a fine looking group of grands, that is for sure! Henry was trying to escape as you can see. Anna has his number, thankfully. She is a better mother than me at times.
I loved this picture. It captures S family Christmas so well. Daddy was opening his calendar, which is now a family joke, while wearing Connie's glasses because he could not find his. Henry had just opened his Bob the Tomato from Daddy....Daddy's name is Bob... and Henry was looking for Larry the Cucumber "cumer". It was cute that he expected them to come as a pair. Henry loves Veggie Tales. Daddy's face is priceless and I just love the memory of it.
Daddy decided to hand down different things to Julie's kids. He said Henry wasn't old enough to care...true, true. Anyway, he gave Stephen our grandfather's Bible that Peepaw received when he graduated from college, when he entered into the ministry. Daddy's grandfather gave it to Peepaw and wrote an inscription to him in the front cover. Since Samuel is going into the ministry Daddy passed it on to him. Samuel has his great-grandfather's Bible that has an inscription in it from his great great-grandfather. Daddy told him not to use it too much because it will turn to dust!
I got to visit with my UJ. My Uncle Joe is precious. I cannot imagine life without him. I was terrified of him when I was a little girl. If you knew him you would laugh at that. I would cry and freeze up when I got near him. He is the most gentle man in the world. We laugh about it today. I try to make a point to apologize to him as much as I can. UJ is retired now and stays super busy remodeling and building things for Babs in his workshop. He is a saint and has blue eyes almost as pretty as Randall's! :)

Sissy got the red ones! She now has pink and red. She will have sassy feet in 2012. I think the boys are so cute in this picture.
I received so many nice things from everyone. This pillow was my favorite though. David made it for me and meant to give it to me in Fort Smith at Mama's but he was not finished making it. It is an inside joke between the Fab 4 and me. The pink side is my "soft side" and the animal print is my "street side". I now have it on my living room couch. I am soooo proud of it. I really think my sister has the coolest and sweetest kids around. I hope Henry is half as cool and sweet as them.



Christmas with a 2 year old has now come and gone. Praise be! Whew...it was exhausting. I am glad Matthew "Thew" enjoyed it. ha! It was actually very fun, just exhausting. Henry learned about Jesus, Santa and all our family traditions. He knows lots of carols, the nativity and what Santa Claus says. Next year it will be neat to see if he remembers any of it. I did leave a nativity up in his built in cabinet because I thought 365 days of Jesus isn't a bad idea. So, here's to planning Christmas 2012....what, what?! hee hee.

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday