Skip to main content

Christmastime is Here

Yes, it is early, but I am in panic mode with the baby coming. I told Mama that one would think I was preparing to die the way I am making final preparations and such. So funny. I love going home to my festive home each night. It helps me to relax and that is much needed in these last days.

This is our den. We did not put the tree in here last year but this year I modified everything because I knew with Henry here it would be a lot different for us.

This is the living room. This is where the tree was last year. Henry's Nana gave us her tree that looks just like the one in our den so I could have two. This year it was too big of an undertaking to put up two full trees. I hope to have that one in front of this window next year. We will cross our fingers with a one year old in the house. Maybe he can go to Nana's that day!

This is the other side of the living room. I have acquired a collection of alpine trees at yard sales and after Christmas sales. I created a little forest here. Randall says the snowflakes are a bit fake looking, but I told him to shut it up and be nice. It took a small forever for me to get down on the floor and back up again...they are staying where they are!

This is our dining room. I always hang ornaments from my light fixture but this year I refrained from standing on top of the table 35 weeks pregnant. I also have a small bush tree in the right hand corner in this room but the picture cut it off.
Henry's Ornaments

This is the rocking horse ornament that Marmie bought for Henry. I have some rotators on my tree and I put this ornament on one of them. It is so cute going around in a circle.

This is the festive, colorful ball ornament that Juju got Henry. I give the Fab Four an ornament each year and she seems to be carrying on the tradition with her nephew too. So cute.

This is the cradle ornament I got Henry. It has his name and birth year on it. It looks much better in person. My camera did not appreciate taking a picture of of it, so it seems.

This is our first family ornament. Randall and I collect ornaments on each of our travels, both together and when we go alone places on business and such. I thought it would be neat to have an ornament for our first Christmas as a family also. I bought it at Hobby Lobby and then took a Sharpie to it. Good ole Sharpie's.
I hope you enjoyed the early glimpse of Christmas at our house!
Abby
(the stockings on my mantle are the ones I use for "looks" each year. Mine is the zebra one, of course, and Randall's is the other. Santa does not fill these. The ones I posted about yesterday have always stayed at Mama's house.)


Comments

So sweet! I love it!!! Wish my home looked like a page out of a magazine like that!
Kelley said…
I am so impressed! I wish you could come decorate my house. Yours looks gorgeous! I need my energy back to begin decorating. Hopefully I will get over being so tired soon.
Our Family said…
Hey Abby!

I love reading your blog, but never make comments on it...I don't really know why :) Anyway, I just wanted to say I did the exact same thing about "making final preparations" :)Charles kept saying "It's not like you're not going to be here!". I guess with such a big change coming it doesn't all make sense in your head :) Anyway, I LOVE his nursery! If you get a chance, would you take a closer pic of his crib? I loved the fabric and couldn't tell what all you used where in the last pic! Anyway, good luck in the weeks ahead, he will be here before you know it!!!

Shelly
Lauren Delaine said…
Totally lovin' your decor!

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will