Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Mama Battleground

I read blogs of moms with young kids and hear about their wonderful loving moments together. I even reread mine and remember all the memory-making times we've had together, all the laughs, trips and great stories. But can I just tell you that all of my memory making times aren't always memories I want to have. For instance, in January, I stopped buying diapers for Anna- now 9 1/2 months later she is STILL not potty trained. All of her friends are and most started after I started with Anna. It is the most frustrating experience of my lifetime. I've tried everything I have ever heard of except putting her in day care. I also have one child that is a thumb-sucker. That is such a fight! The poor thing gets in trouble everyday for it. It boggles my mind. I just wanted to let those of you that struggle with being a mom somedays to know that I struggle too. At times I feel beat up and beaten down. I have to remember that Jesus knows all that is going on in my life and has put his stamp of approval on it. (for some reason!)

3 comments:

Sisters said...

Poor Dave!
AJL

Melissa Southerland said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets frustrated on some days with being a mommy 24/7. I had one of those moments last night and your blog is just what I needed to read, Julie. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

you are a great mother and come from a long line of wonderful mothers.I remember our mother and grandmother when i was young.You are funny and cute and a real person like they were. remember the pretend martinis of apple juice in crystal glasses.and all the things she did to make us all feel good. Well, that's you, now and, lucky us, we get included in your love and goodness.
mamaw