Skip to main content

Cousins Camp



Cousins camp 2014 went down in the books of all time family fun! Hollye (our cousin) had the idea
To get us and our kids together this summer. Julie got to work planning a little 2 day trip for us. We ended up renting a house in what Henry calls, "Turkey Village".
 This photo will be planted in our memory banks forever....it was a miracle we got it! When I'm old in the home these children will come visit (I hope!) and say "Aunt Abby, remember that time at Cousins Camp when we were all saying 'cheese' and that car....." and we will share a laugh. (You had to be there to know the rest of that story!) 
 

Samuel was at football practice and could not attend. Julie brought a Flat Sam to take part in the festivities...and that it did! 


We met at Down Home Kitchen in Hardy and planned out our camp, laughed and chowed down. 


We played in the lake for a while. It was fun but we all realized we are really pool people. The boys are so cute. Dave and Dan are so inclusive and sweet to Henry. To be 13 and include a 4 year old is really kind. These boys have my heart. 


Game nights were great fun. We could have holed up and played games for a week, really. 

 
These are funny, competitive people who show their true colors during a game. All the horns, tears, warts and odd knowledge come out. Funny, funny stuff. 


Hollye will shoot me for this....but I love it too much! She had to act out dancing. She is her mother's child. I love that about her. 


Minute to win it games just ain't right! Daniel was kind enough to buddy up with Henry and smiled through it. Bless him! David cheated me with these Solo cups, but I'll let it go....eventually! Lol. 


Jules climbed the waterfall with the children. I stayed back and took Flat Sam for a climb. 

 
Walking in downtown Hardy watching our children laugh at a pay phone. We are old, people! 


The community pool in "Turkey Village" was really fun. We swam and the children all played putt putt too. We had the best time swimming, observing those around us, and laughing about those two things. 


Camp T-shirts were a must. I came up with the idea and Julie made it happen. We were so excited! Her friend in Pine Bluff made them for us. We are so blessed to have the bond we share. What a smile Wilma and Charles must have from heaven seeing us love and share the love with our babies. Sometimes my heart could explode when I think about it, really. 


These are the most well-behaved children (Henry is debatable) with the kindest hearts. Having them bond for a few days through laughter was just perfect. Poor Flat Sam....


Cousins Camp will probably be a summer tradition from now on. We all loved the time together and the laid back fun we had. I think our husbands secretly enjoyed the break from all of us! What a treat to be so close to a cousin. Some of my best childhood memories were made with my cousins. Here's to many more....

Abby Jo 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday