Skip to main content

Yes, We Are Alive

I am sure you faithful readers and lurkers are wondering why the pause between posts? Well, this pregnant girl has too much to say, not enough time to say it and can't get her thoughts organized enough to express herself sensibly most of the time.
My sister is busy homeschooling, working a little part-time job, doing laundry, cooking, teaching at church and vacationing for a full 7 days this week (lucky girl, she is). So, that is why you are not seeing as much of us as you have in the past. Life has happened and that is good somedays... and crappy on other days! ha.

So, you have got to be wondering what is going on with this 26 week pregnant mama to be:
Well, it is pretty well all about Henry.....

1. I sailed through my 3.5 hour GTT yesterday with a good reading. No diabetes for me!
I had a false reading at the doctor's office and had to sit through the 3.5 misery at the lab. I got a great result back from the doctor today and will eat my birthday cake and shower cake this weekend with a smile!

2. Henry's bedding is finished!
I am anxious to get it all from my sweet mother-in-law and get it on his bed. I can't wait to see it all together in his room. It will be most cute.

3. Henry's mural is in the making!
Our dear family friend Genia is hard at work getting little Henry painted. He is going to be swinging on a rope in overalls. Curly hair. Barn in the distance. Trees. Baseball bat and ball. etc. I can't wait to post a pic on here when it is up and on display in his room.

4. Henry's showers are beginning!
We are headed to the Fort this weekend for my first shower. My BFF, Melissa and my cousins Sarah & Staci are hosting this shower for me at Melissa's house. My super talented cousin Sarah is making the cake. I can't wait to see what she makes. She let me pick two flavors for my cake. I chose strawberry and chocolate. Should taste yummy. I can't wait to see all my family and old girlfriends. Pure Bliss!
Next weekend I will head to Memfrica for a shower my Aunt Babs and cousin Hollye are hosting for me. I will get to see my Daddy, other family and all my midsouth peeps. Should be most fun times!
I have 2 other showers in the month of October and am overwhelmed by the love people are showing us at this special time. I am almost embarrassed by it. I am a giver and not a good taker...if you know me, you know how thankful I get over the simplest things. This is rocking my world!

5. I am feeling fat!
Yep, I am not feeling like the sassy pregnant lady much anymore. People tell me how cute I am and that I am all baby but I am seeing myself naked and trust me...it is a scary sight! I never knew my little body could do such things. I sometimes wonder how on earth skin could stretch so much, so fast. No bad stretch marks yet...crossing my fingers and lathering up on the lotions.

6. This Sunday will be my last birthday without a child.
I know that sounds silly, but the thought of having my child make me a card, kiss me, bring me a frog (I am hoping my little Henry Patton is not Dennis the Mennis like, but I do fear it in a large way), buy me something from the dollar store, make me breakfast in bed, make me a craft, etc on my birthday makes my heart swell with excitement.

7. The swine flu scare is making me feel like Bill Murray in What About Bob, the movie.
I am suppose to go to a 75th reunion reception/dinner this weekend with close to 600 people for the church where I grew up. I have been so excited about it for months and now I am terrified of someone coughing on me, hugging me, shaking my hand or kissing me...Yikes. I asked our education nurse here and she says it is pretty well a crap shoot (my paraphrase...no hers). She said staying out of crowded spaces is encouraged but I could also get it from my small office. So, what is a pregnant paranoid girl to do?! Heaven help me get to December and get this baby out of me before I get the pig flu!


I am sure I could go on and on all day, but there is no need. As my sister reminds me often, women who have been pregnant usually have no sympathy for those who are pregnant. She tries to make my skin thick. It doesn't work, but she never gives up. Bless her. Since most of you have children, you are probably ready to move on to another site. Maybe my sister is wrong though. Who knows!

Stay tuned for pictures from my shower this coming weekend.....and hopefully Julie will actually post pictures of her family from her vacation this week. We will miss her at my shower, truly!
Abby

Comments

Kelley said…
You will have so much fun this weekend! Take lots of pictures to post. I am scared of the swine flu too. I have over 800 students in 2 grades. I see all of them. I try to be so careful. I have a 3 year old and sure don't want her to get sick.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday