Skip to main content

Ode to Summer 2015



Henry learned how to ride a bike this summer while he stayed the night with just Papa. Nana was on a trip and we had gone to the Tim McGraw concert for the night. We were so excited to get back to Papa's house to see it! Henry lost his first tooth and learned to swim without any floaties this summer too. He is so big. 

We had another fun trip to the Caribe in Orange Beach. It's our place. We try to go somewhere different but when it's time to book something we just can't break away from it. Henry loves it too much. I love the carefree days we have together without many distractions. With our work, there is never total distraction unless we get on a cruise ship or go to a remote island somewhere. And that isn't happening any time soon! 

 
I love taking this boy on adventures. He is my favorite. 


We had fun at the "Blue Angels Museum" as we refer to it. We visited it before we checked into our condo. We always try to do an outing before check in because we never want to dress and leave the water once we are there. 


We had fun beach time with friends while in Orange Beach. Nothing like beaching at the same time as some of your homies. 


It was a fun-filled fast trip the the beach this year. We have not traveled around this year like we have in years past. So, this trip was much needed. Life moves too fast. I love being able to stop and soak my guys up. 


I had fun all summer covering up the ole thyroid scar. I would often hear "your tape is loose again". ha! This scar is nothing compared to what lots go through, but it has been a burden in the sun! Henry is still so grossed out by it and when I cover it in gel or creme he says "yuck! Scar juice!" We have to laugh at it. Bless it and me. 

Henry and I spent a few days in Fort Smith. We had a fun paint party with precious friends. I made a Christmas door hanger in the middle of summer. It's what I do! Cross my Art is a fun place if you are ever in that neck of the woods. 

 Henry had a fun visit with Marmie in the Fort. I love making memories with him in my old stomping grounds. We rode rides and played in the splash pad. 


These two rode the trolley while I shopped downtown. It turned out to be a long ride full of history. Henry could probably pass a test on the history of Fort Smith now. It was an impromptu outing that morning and turned out to be one of the best times. I love my mama. 



We had a fun end to summer break in Memphis the weekend before school started with our Skutt clan. I love being in Memphis with my people. It's one of my most favorite things. 
Julia Kathryn ran her first race. You don't need to check your eyes. You read right. Craziness becomes us as we age! Stephen has become quite the runner and has dropped a lot of weight. He's catching up with a Randall on this running and waist size, I tell ya! Randall is trainimg for his first full marathon this fall. Both of our houses are running crazy right now! 


Being at Aunt Babs house laughing and eating is always a fun time. We are normally laughing at each other. We do that well, yet we love well. Love is fierce in this group. 
Ending the summer full of family, friends and fireworks was the best. I may have teared up at the fireworks and acted like it was firework dust. It was perfect sitting on the Bluff at the Redbirds game on a quilt with my guys and church buddies as we said farewell to these carefree days of summer. 


 And we ended summer for good on Labor Day at Nana and Papa's with a final swim, a long 4 wheeler ride and Henry riding a bigger bike than what he started summer with. I may have shed a tear and blamed it on dirt in my eye from that 4 wheeler ride. Summer is over but our memories will stay with us forever. 

** two observations I made looking over this post: 
1.  It looks as though I wore that navy love shirt a whole lot and I really only wore it like 3 times all summer. Randall hated that shirt. So funny it's on in most of our summer pictures. Lol! 
2. I already miss my white shorts. I almost put them on today but decided I couldn't dishonor my Meemaw's memory like that ... and my sister would slap me silly for it. 
Abby Jo 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday