Skip to main content

Celebrate Good Times



 Randall told me to take off work on Friday because Emily had an "Abby and Emily fun day" planned for my birthday. I got up without an alarm clock and went for a run in the park. Randall got Henry dressed and off to school. It was perfect. She picked me up mid-morning and our first stop was for our joy juice...Sonic Diet Coke.



Our next stop was at Darling's in Newport. She told me where we were headed and I was stoked because I was about to order some t-shirts from there and have them shipped. It saved me money! We had fun taking in all the fine things at Darling's.



Our next stop was Doc's Grille in Searcy. It was possibly the best lunch I have had in a long time. The company and the food were both divine. I had fish tacos and broccoli. An odd combination but so yummy.


We then hit up some fun boutiques in Searcy and then headed to Hay's. We drove up and realized they were having a tent sale. Leave it up to us to run into a tent sale! We ended up buying nothing at the sale, believe it or not. We were in shock at our restraint!


 I found a bull in the middle of the store and had to take a ride. The best part of this picture is not my sassy 34 year old self on a 50 cent bull in the middle of a department store, but it is the the ladies in the background. The look on the mom's face and then the back tattoo on the daughter are priceless. I made up their conversation in my head and I am sure it was spot on.


We camped out in Bath & Body spending my gift card from Randall. We sprayed every smell. I sounded like my daddy when I looked at Emily and said "We smell like a French whore house up in here!" because well....we did. It was fun though and we smelled good on our trip back to J'Town.

Emily is so pretty. Did you know she was a beauty queen back in her prime. She was Miss Craighead County Rice. Yep. She gave me a laminated recipe card from her "glory days". All rice queens have a signature rice recipe. I am learning so much living in the delta, I tell ya.  I call her "Miss Rice" and we laugh about it, but it is for real. She really has the sash and crown to prove it. Royalty!


We got back to town and Emily had a little surprise party waiting on me at her house. She was in awe that I had never had a surprise party in all my 34 years and had to have one for me. She is so fun. (she made the door hanger out of burlap. She actually sells them as a side business when she is not being a nurse 8 to 5. She is pretty crafty.)


Having sweet friends to celebrate with me was fun. I knew we were going to Emily's house for a cookout but not a party. It was so thoughtful for my newest friends. God has surely blessed us this year with their companionship.


Eli and Henry were so funny trying to blow their horns. Henry sang the birthday song to me a lot on my birthday and on Friday. When he would say "Happy Birthday to MAMA...." I would melt.


Emily's mother-in-law made my cake. I have never met the woman but Emily had told me about the cakes she makes. I told Emily I needed one for my birthday. She remembered and Linda made me one. James drove to his parents after a long day at work to get my cake. What sweeties! It was delicious.


My boys made my birthday and my day after so much fun. I love having another year to celebrate life with these two munchkins. If I knew we were going to Emily's for a picture taking event, I would have cleaned Henry up from his Friday Monkeynastix school day. So cute, dirty or not!


34 is going to be a good year. I can just feel it. Thank God for another year!

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will