Skip to main content

A Bluff City Outing

Today Henry and I took a quick trip across the Mighty Mississippi to see Mama's former work friends, Grandaddy and to go to Ross Dress for Less. He was such a little trooper being in his carseat/stroller most of the day.
Seeing Grandaddy is a given when we cross the bridge. No visit is complete with out a little G'Daddy love for the Henster. He sat with us at Wendy's while I fed Henry and then he strolled Henry around Ross while I tried on a few dresses and such. He made up a song for Henry and sang it out loud in the store. The sad thing is that it did not embarrass me. I was just glad he was able to keep our little mister content and happy. Henry appreciated the paci patrol more than anything. Thanks, Grandaddy.

We got lots of love from our Aunt Babs and Sassy while on our trip to ECS today. Babs loved showing Henry off to everyone and we loved seeing Sassy for the first time since the weekend we found out Henry was a boy. It had been WAY too long. We had some good laughs on our short visit and Henry smelled like his own brand of cologne when we left after being loved on by so many good smelling people.

A few of the White House gals. I miss their sweet faces so much. For me not to have worked there any longer than I did, I sure have a heart for all the wonderful people there. Patty put her puppy down to hold Henry. I am so glad the baby beat the dog. When I walked in I was worried there would be competition. Ha. It was so nice to catch up a wee bit with everyone. I could have stayed a week and still not feel caught up.
Wayne is one of the sweetest men to walk this earth. He is a fellow Arkansan who moved across the muddy waters to the Bluff City. Not sure if you remember the incredible Razorback Christmas sleigh he made for our yard 2 Christmases ago that I posted? (If not go back to Dec 2007 and find that post. I have an infant who is fussy so I am not backtracking tonight.) I can't wait for Henry to see it next year. Henry enjoyed meeting Wayne today. He took to him quiet nicely. He knew he was a fellow Hog fan.

I worked for this sweet man during my short tenure at ECS. Everyone should get to report to a man like Rex. He is one in a million. He offered to take Henry and get him to sleep through the night for $3000. I am still pondering on it....hmmm. Anyway, Rex is also the proud papa of Alabama's #75 who is on the cover of Sports Illustrated this month. Rex is the most humble man I know and would never boast about Barrett's success. I hope to be that modest when Henry wins the Heisman one day.
Abby

Comments

Kelley said…
Sounds like a fun time out today. My Dad would help me a lot with Mary-Kate too. It is so nice to have family around. Henry is so cute.
Jaime Tran said…
i think there might be a little bit of family resemblance with little henry and grandaddy! adorable!
Jaime
Anonymous said…
Abby is already calling the kid a Hog fan. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to live with it. Plus, she is letting Crimson Tiders actually touch him and hold him.
I hope he didn't catch any cooties because of that.
I do love the little guy very much as I do all 5 of my grandchildren.
Granddaddy

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will