Skip to main content

Bluff City Business


Last week I was in Memphis quite a bit and I loved every minute of it! I was able to eat lunch with Sassy (Mrs. Carolyn) and laugh. That is what we do best...laugh. She is me in 30 years, if I am lucky enough! We are twins in a lot of ways and I love that woman. She teaches me to just be me and laugh through life because when it is all said and done, "who gives a hairy rat!" The visits are never long enough, yet I cherish every little laugh we can share together when we get the chance.


I was in Memphis all by myself for 24 hours. It was very unusual and wonderful! I failed to take photos of all I did there, but when Henry is not with me I tend to forget about my camera. I stayed with my Aunt Babs and Uncle Joe the night before I took my real estate exam. I got there early in the day to eat with Sassy and then I was able to go pick up Claire from school and attend her AAU game with the fam. Hollye, Claire and I then went to eat dinner. It filled my love tank and made my heart happy. My Aunt Babs and Uncle Joe reassured my confidence before my test and I aced that sucker! I then met my sweet daddy in north Mississippi for lunch to celebrate the passing of my exam before heading back to Arkansas to retrieve my wild child from my mother-in-love...who is always on-call to stop everything and keep that fine boy for me. It was a fabulous 24 hours!

This above photo is daddy and me after my exam in the Arby's parking lot. Arby's. He chose Arby's. He said he loved their french dip but he ordered a Reuben. I am still confused, but I was happy to eat anywhere because I was starving and who gave a hairy rat at that point! I love an Arby's  roast beef though, I cannot lie. I would eat anywhere with that old mine of mine. I am blessed to have him.


Over the weekend we three went back to Memphis to see our cousins from Wisconsin. My Meemaw and her sister Grace each had a girl first and then each had a boy. Barbara, Bob, Dick and Nancy try to see each other at least once a year. They grew up in Wisconsin and daddy and Babs grew up in the Delta. They have always been very close, despite the miles. I had not seen them in about five years so we made a point to head over and see them this time.


All of the bedtime stories my daddy would tell me when I was little referred to playing on the family farm in Mississippi with cousin Dicky from Wisconsin. When I see these two maturing men all I can picture are those stories I was told over, over about two little city slickers causing trouble on the farm. It still makes me laugh after all these years. I love that we laugh...alot.


Cousin Nancy and Henry bonded. He calls her "Pancy" and I have not corrected him because watching him say it is just too precious. They ran around the house chasing each other until they got in trouble and had to stop. Nancy also beat me at basketball, but I am short, so I figured as much. She is a lot of fun and I wish we could see her more. It was great to visit and introduce Henry to she and Dick. I am certain he made a lasting impression!


Claire gets exicted about Henry and enjoys entertaining him. I love and enjoy it too. She has taken a babysitting certification class so I just say she is better fit then me in the safety department so I just let her have him when I am over there and I just sit inside and drink a cold can of Diet Coke!  I did venture out once or twice and I took this photo of him rebounding her shot. He would yell "I got it" each time. He was a sweaty mess afterwards, but he had so much fun.



This week we are back to a new normal at our house. I loved my week last week and the change of pace, yet so excited to be on track again. I am now waiting on my real estate license to come in the mail so I can get to work. I am all set up at Remax and reporting in everyday, getting acquainted with everything and everyone. All we are waiting on is the license so I can run on out and sell, sell, sell!

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday