Skip to main content

September Smiles



This month has proven to be one full of some of our favorite faces! We had our best newlywed friends come visit us for the weekend. We had not seen them in 8 years. They have moved back to north Mississippi and we are so glad!! It was fun to meet up again with children. It was like we never missed a beat. True friends. We live life alike and I really like that about us :)


This meet up was good for my heart. Our sweet Aynn at my Mama's house for supper and laughs. She lost her precious husband a few weeks ago and I missed the funeral. I needed to see her, hug her and hear her laugh. It was wonderful and Mama cooked a yummy supper for us. We all celebrate September birthdays so a cake was on the menu too. 


No words for how much I adore this visit to Sandy Ridge Farm. Our friends Dustin and Anna farm sweet potatoes in Senatobia, Mississippi. They invited us to see the harvest. We were thrilled to check it out. Dustin gave Henry the grand tour and even purchased a toy tractor for him just like the one you see Henry standing on. Rotten boy! It was really quite cool to see how they harvest the sweet taters. 


Since we visited the farm on my birthday, Dustin treated us to Como Steakhouse in Como, MS for dinner. I loved visiting with Anna. She is truly a southern belle and we are soul sisters. She gave me the cutest cookbook and made me feel extra special. 


Hugging this old handsome fella was the icing on my birthday cake! I got to see him on my birthday while driving through to go to the farm. My Daddy is a sweetie to have helped get me here 36 years ago! 


Nothing like a Marmie/Mama hug the day after my birthday! I'm thankful this woman had me 36 years ago. She is a saint to put up with me all these years. She always reminds me that I was late arriving and they had to force my stubborn self out. I can see all these qualities in me still yet after all these years! 


Being at "home" with my homegirls is therapeutic to my whole being. There is nothing better than an old friend. I thank God for the treasure of friendship, both the silver and gold friends of life. Sliver has always been my go-to though! We met up for dinner and talked about life, laughed and smiled a lot. A real smile and honest laugh with friends who really get you are precious to the soul. 


This. Just this. It's like a Life commercial in reverse. Melissa and me. These boys are destined to be buds for life. Luke and Henry got a quick visit in while Melissa treated me to my favorite homemade birthday cake and an ice cold Diet Coke. I love that girl more than cake, words and Diet Coke.. And that's big! This month is probably one of my favorite Septembers in my history of 36 Septembers... And it isn't over yet! ;) 

Abby Jo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday